header
 photo home_zpse090974e.png photo thewife_zpsa4363e88.png photo thefamily_zpsdfe41317.png photo spendingfast_zps74a9de92.png photo contact_zps4699e230.png

Our Weekend in Pictures {Day 27}

This past weekend flew by! Friday after Mike got home we loaded up the kids and went to Costco. I love when he can go with us to the store, it is like an alternate reality experience. Does anyone else feel like their kids behave amazingly when there are two of you running the grocery store operation? I kept saying to Mike, "This is so fun! We are like a real family!" It is the simple things that save and refresh me! 

Saturday morning, who knows, Mike had to run errands and we stayed alive until he returned. It was very much one of those back and forth days where he ran to do something, then came home, and I ran out to do something. 

My girl Haverlee and I snuck away to check out the Nordstrom Rack and Homegoods that just opened. It was too crazy for my liking, I love to shop in peace! --Except for the day after Thanksgiving sales, I will have to tell the story of my first time doing this when my sister and I went to Target a few years ago at Midnight. I thought it was going to be a super intense experience and got a little carried away after waiting in line outside for an hour, I got inside and said,  "Let's do this bitches." Then proceeded to hit someone with my cart! All the cautious, civilized people around me were acting totally normal and I shamefully waited my turn until I found my black Friday vacuum I had been in such a rush to get before everyone else (there were like fifty left).

Anyways, my afternoon with Haverlee was a joy and we went to a boutique store we had been in a month ago to buy these booties she had seen and couldn't stop thinking about. The BEST kind of shopping is when you want something for a while and save up for it! 

                                                
I felt very involved in her purchase-- when her size was missing, I crawled around on the ground examining the shoe boxes until finding the right one, I had her go down a size from her usual (so they'll fit me too). I got a little attached to the box, following her around clutching it so tightly that the saleslady thought I was buying them for myself. I did feel a little sad and confused when Haverlee took them home, but that's okay, Thanks girl, you're a sweet friend to have bought me those shoes pretending like they were for yourself. You shouldn't of! 

Saturday night was-- you guessed it-- Netflix/Hulu catch up on our shows time. The most exciting thing that happened was Mike somehow convinced my exhausted self to leave the house at the ungodly hour of 8 pm to get him some juice and popcorn because he "wanted a snack." He snapped a photo of me before I left. Only my finest for the locals at the grocery store.


Sunday was our busiest day by far because we decided to act like real weekenders instead of our usual lazy selves. Mike cleaned out his truck while Mack watched on:


I did a project which always means spray painting something ugly that we have (usually making it worse) and tackled a very important folding table and chairs re-do that has been in the works for 18 months. Finished project coming soon ...or not, This will probably stay in our garage like this for 2-10 weeks, I call it "staging."

Kids and I ate a snack outside because that is similar to eating in the car-- less mess, no stress! Such a beautiful fall day.


We had our sweet babysitter come hang out with the kids for a few hours and had a mini-date at the shooting range. I make that sound totally normal, but it is not! I had never been before.


I took a picture of us driving over the mile long bridge over Saylorville Lake. Mike did a repair job here last Spring and it's beautiful!


I have never held or shot a gun before and am glad Mike taught me, but I wanted to leave quickly after he did. Since I didn't grow up around firearms they make me so uncomfortable! Mike had to listen to me debrief the whole 30 minute ride home!

The kids were watching for us at the door and came flying out like they had spotted celebrities!




Today has been so good for a Monday. I woke up before the kids (mostly because they slept until 8:30) and spent some time reading my Bible. This has been my favorite verse lately and it directly applies to my struggles and hopes in raising my babies!

He is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ. To this end I strenuously contend with all the energy Christ so powerfully works in me.
Colossians 1:28-29

Mack loves to cuddle when he wakes up in the morning, after changing his diaper he crawls into my lap and yells, "STAND UP!" Meaning he wants me to carry him to the couch and snuggle with him. I love his bed head!


I took a picture of my breakfast because I forgot to take photo's most of the weekend. I always feel nauseous in the mornings (not pregnant!) and my mother-in-law has taught me that is because I need to eat protein asap. Today I ate a native Iowa meal-- leftover pulled pork and scrambled eggs! (and yes that's a plastic fork, needing to run that dishwasher)


Since I have learned as a stay-at-home mom that my productivity for the day is directly correlated with how quickly I put a bra on, I got dressed and added lip-gloss like the glam queen that I am. Emmy is such a morning person, she wakes up talking a million miles a minute and I'm glad I had some coffee to handle all her questions about the order in which all mankind was born/the leaves changing/where our food comes from...


Happy Monday! I am so excited to be attending the Storyline Conference at the end of this week in Chicago. Is anyone else going?! I can't wait!  

1 comment:

  1. My purchase was twice as exciting with you to share in it. We'll take turns wearing our shoes this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips